This CURT Tow-Bar Base Plate for the Ford Explorer offers a custom, vehicle-specific fit. The main body is hidden to help maintain an OEM look and feel on the vehicle. It integrates with the vehicle frame, securely bolting into place and providing a solid attachment point for dinghy towing. It is physically tested to a gross vehicle weight rating to ensure safety.
Each CURT base plate is constructed from welded steel and is protected by a durable, high-gloss black powder-coated finish. It is also co-cured in a rust-resistant liquid Bonderite coating, both inside and out for unparalleled protection. For extra reliability and security, it spreads towing forces equally for reduced stress on the vehicle frame and it is assembled in the USA.
- Application specific for `16-`20 Ford Explorer
- Provides a solid connection for flat towing vehicle with tow bars
- Concealed main body for seamless integration
- Welded-steel construction for durability
- High-gloss black powder-coated finish for protection
- Co-cured in liquid Bonderite (inside & outside) for rust resistance
- Socket plugs protect tube opening when not in use
- Physically tested to a gross vehicle weight rating
- Twist-lock tabs for easy installation & removal
- Limited lifetime warranty (1-year warranty for finish & parts)
Though this is not a paid review, this content has been produced by The AAM Group™ in support of manufacturers with whom it has a business relationship.