Few 5th wheel hitches are rated for 30,000 pounds, and those that are can be difficult to install and use on a daily basis. Enter PowerRide™ from CURT. Coming in June, PowerRide is a true 30K 5th wheel hitch that was uniquely designed also to be easy to install and operate. The intuitive, ergonomic, and agile design is a refreshing take on a heavy-duty accessory that is all too often ugly and clunky.
Rated a 2021 Best New Product by RV PRO magazine, the CURT PowerRide offers an impressive suite of advanced features, including:
- No tedious welding or fabrication required for installation
- Mounts instead to industry-standard 5th wheel rails (CURT PN 16205 recommended)
- Height adjustable by 6” for better clearance of bed walls, rails, and other obstructions
- Stringently tested to SAE J2638 specifications for safety (30,000 lb GTW, 7,500 lb vertical load)
- A multidirectional, cast-yoke head for a smooth ride
- Three-position coupling status indicator
- Ergonomic, self-resetting handle and strategic grip points
- Fast and easy one-pin head removal
- Integrated, no-grease wear plates for extended product life
Though this is not a paid review, this content has been produced by The AAM Group in support of manufacturers with whom it has a business relationship.